a birthday poem for my sweetheart

I love you because you're very smart.
I love you because you're creative,
and you really dig my art.

I love you because your pillow has a name,
I love you because you're passionate,
and with baseball, it's never just a game.

I love you because you eat Oreos with a fork.
I love how you talk in your sleep,
and how just like me, you're kind of a dork.

I love you because I sleep better when we touch.
I love you because you teach me stuff,
and because sometimes you talk too much.

I love you because you take my sass.
I love you because you make me giggle,
and because you have the sweetest ass.

I love you because you're kind.
I love you because you're silly,
and you can always read my mind.

I love you because you're an ipod nazi.
I love you because you're my best friend,
and you don't like Phase 10 or Yahtzee.

I love you because you fall asleep at the drop of a hat.
I love you because you never yell,
and you protect me from evil cats.

I love you because you always know just what to say.
I love you because you're spontaneous,
and how on the road sometimes you have rage.

I love you because you hold me so well in your arms.
I love your sparkling, pretty blue eyes,
and how all the girls fall for your irresistible charms.

I love you because you have the greatest smile.
I love you because you inspire me
to walk just one more mile.

I love you because you're seldom stinky.
I love you because you watch chick flicks
and you don't mind getting a little kinky.

I love you because when you smile your eyes twinkle.
I love you because you're so much fun,
and you can always make my nose crinkle.

I love you because you make me laugh till I cry.
I love you because you stay up till all hours with me,
and double dare each other till you could just die!

I love you because you're so selfless.
I love you because I've gotten so used to being taken care of,
that I'm now rendered helpless.

I love you because you're spiritual.
I love you because you encourage me to be better,
even when I'm premenstrual.

I love you because your heart is the only place I wanna be,
for better, for worse, for now, for always,
You're my better half and the only one for me.

No comments: