behind the eyes

You used to call me your Angel,
And sometimes I wonder if my wings
blow our fairy dust dreams
Back to your eyes. Tell me, what do they see?
What do they feel? Is it impossible for you to see
What I can, behind your eyes? Beautiful.
My eyes can see my soul searching, feeling for your hand
because it needs you. Yes, its search is futile, but, oh. . .
How Beautiful is it that You can wrap me in your golden arms
And melt all the pain and fear. . .Forever into your
Cloudless heaven?!
How I crave your angelic relief.
I can still feel you . . . .
Even as the sands of time drip from our ever after glass.
(I can still feel you.)
Tell me, how many grains amount to your love now?
And do you ever wonder why the tear-soaked sea
Still reaches for those sands?
I've painted those tears; one for each year that I can't stop loving you.
But tears are useless, no magical powers,
Like the stars I wish upon that fall from your eyes.
One wish; it’s always the same. Can you hear it in the wind’s whisper?
I wish you'd let me save you. . .please, let me save you!
I can slay those dragons that destroy your golden heart
Let me touch your soul, like you did mine and give back to you
Everything so magical!
If only you'd let me save you!
If only you'd let me show you
What is behind your eyes
I could show you
"Beautiful."

No comments: